Wednesday, February 20, 2013

painting of the day and DIY in one - "Untitled" by Keith Haring

Today's painting of the day is "untitled"(this title happens when artist is so prolific and couldn't possibly to come up with something clever and/or image speaks for itself) by Keith Haring. 

Here's the DIY: I cut up my Keith Haring calendar to make some fast art. I am so glad the cover was the same image as february. I had a small painting, I was bored with, in a frame with a mat. It is okay to recycle art. I took the frame apart and in this case I did have to cut the mat opening a little larger. Put it back together and I have instant Valentine art.

More about this artist below-
Keith Haring was born May 4, 1958 in Reading, Pennsylvania. He moved to New York City in 1978, and began using the city as his canvas, making chalk drawings in subway stations. With its thriving underground art scene, New York seemed to be the perfect fit for the young artist. In 1982, he had his first New York one-man show at the Shafrazi Gallery. A critical success, he soon became one of most popular artists of the time. He died on February 16, 1990, of AIDS-related complications.

No comments: