Saturday, April 6, 2013

you can find cool stuff anywhere!

I was in my husband's hometown, Altoona, Pa, over Easter weekend. I was driving through my in-law's neighborhood when I came upon what appeared to be a yard sale. I BRAKE FOR YARD SALES! should be a bumper sticker on my suv. It mortifies my kids but they should be used to it by now.  Anyway, I looked at the few items this man was selling against his chain-linked fence.  He had made these drum shaped coffee tables out of wood.  I asked how much and he said $25. I rarely have cash in my wallet and told him I would be back. A few hours later, I saw he was putting everything away and it looked like he hadn't sold a single table. He was so happy I had returned and liked his tables... he gave me two for one!
Very West Elm-like
The small one is 18" diameter and large one is 26" diameter. I think both made of hickory.

Elm Wood Coffee Table


 I love a good find!!!!!!!


No comments: